Oh the places you will go
With the all-purpose cookie dough.
Generally speaking, it is the base dough of a classic Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. A little imagination, some creativity or just a trip to the bulk store can transform this singular iconic cookie into a myriad variations.
2 ¼ cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup butter; softened
½ cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips*
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
*The Possible Fixings…
- Various chips (butterscotch, peanut butter, any of those crazy flavours they only sell in the States)
- white chocolate and macadamia
- walnuts and dried cranberries
- toasted pecans with toffee bits (this can bake messy)
- Bake for 8-10 or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes then remove to wire rack to cool completely.