Introducing the #BakeChain! A fun little “spread the love” project I decided to start that involves, what else? Baking! Unlike the Herman Friendship Cake, this bake chain letter is more personalized and free – you can bake what you want, as much as you want, dress it up however you like, and most importantly, you personalize it with a sweet little note to the recipient telling them what they mean to you. Your friend, in turn, will spread that love to three other people they know. Man, the idea of it alone is giving me diabetes!
So here is what you’ll need:
- Baked goodies; 1-2 dozen cookies/brownies/tarts/whatever will do; it’s totally up to you! Want to bake three small cakes? Have at it! Did you only make 1 dozen regular-sized muffins? Feel free give your friends 4 each. It’s the thought that counts.
- A little note expressing how awesome your friend is!
- Some packaging for your treats. This can be brown paper bags, small tin containers, or tupperware. I found these decorative treat boxes at Bulk Barn (see below) that I will hand-deliver to their homes. Well, at least to two of them. One of my friends happens to live in another city, so I’ll be sending it via post in a less decorative box.
- A copy of the instructions so that they can extend the #BakeChain to their friends! You can copy and paste the instructions below.
- When or if you receive a #BakeChain package, you must take a photo of it, along with the note of love and post it on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter and tag the person who sent it to you and hashtag it #BakeChain.
INSTRUCTIONS (PRINT AND INCLUDE IN YOUR #BAKECHAIN PACKAGE)
How to #BakeChain
- Take a photo of your treats along with the note with your name on it and post on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter using the hashtag #BakeChain and tag the person who gave you the sweets.
- Select three other friends and bake some cookies, brownies, cupcakes, muffins, tarts, or anything else of your choosing for them. The quantity and how you pack or present the parcel is up to you.
- Include a note for the recipient explaining why you cherish them.
- Include a copy of these instructions.
- Deliver your dessert package by any means: hand-delivered, postal service, or bike courier, whatever!
- There is no time frame for when you need to send your baked goods. Just don’t be the person who weakens the chain!