Alan Moore would hate this…
Sugar Cookies Recipe
2 cups flour
¼ tsp. salt
¾ cup butter; softened
¾ cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In medium bowl, combine flour and salt with a wire whisk.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until well mixed. Scrape down sides of bowl then add flour mixture. Blend on low speed just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Gather dough into a ball. Flatten the ball into a disk and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for one hour or until firm.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough to ¼ inch thickness. With cookie cutter, cut dough into dsired shapes and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Transfer cookies with a spatula to a cool flat surface. Decorate as desired.
Royal Icing Recipe
3 egg whites
½ tsp. cream of tartar
4 cups icing sugar
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy. Slowly beat in icing sugar until stiff. Keep covered with damp cloth while working.